New Year's Resolution

Well, hello everyone! I hope you had a great time with family and friends and that you are now cranking it in high gear to get this year started off on the right track. I know I am.

A little of what I'm working on...

As the Lead Software Engineer for Mekorma, my job is to make sure we build quality new products, while improving the capabilities of our existing offerings. To that effect, my team has been working on a really cool product that automates the entire processing of payments (checks, EFTs, and Credit Cards) and remittances by leveraging our existing MICR offering, all the while, delivering total Accounts Payable automation in the process. I am really excited to talk about this, so more on this in an upcoming article.


Blogging challenge for the New Year

One of the questions I get asked the most in my comments section is, "does this article still apply to the newer versions of GP?" Usually, the person asking the question is referring to versions GP 2015 R2, or GP 2016, and now GP 2016 R2? What I found surprising about this question wasn't so much the question itself, but in revisiting my articles, I have over 1000 that would qualify as "old". So I asked myself, "wouldn't it be cool to go back and revisit some of the older ones to see whether they still apply or not, or what changes they require for them to work with today's newer versions of GP?". In response, I will be revisiting as many articles as I can over the course of this year, and republishing them with newer code and better development patterns (where applicable), or even improved solutions noting whether there's standard functionality now available for what was covered before as a workaround.

Starting tomorrow, I will begin a new series called "Revisiting" where I will cover some of the old material I have on this site under the light of the newer GP versions - you asked, you got it! - all the while introducing new topics.


Community Activities and Events

This year, I have the honor to serve as Vice-chair of Association of Dynamics Professionals Credentialing Council Board. You can read more here. The Credentialing Council Board is the most senior leadership body of members of the Association of Dynamics Professionals (DynamicsPro) and is responsible for setting the direction for nearly all aspects of the association. I share the stage with a number of professionals from other disciplines like NAV and SL, and probably one of the most diverse group you will ever find, with folks hailing from Europe and the United States.

I have also taken an active role with my GPUG local chapter, GPUG Georgia, assisting with the planning and marketing of the 2017 quarterly meetings. I will also be delivering sessions at the local chapter meetings. Our goal is to improve participation while delivering rich content that all who attend can immediately leverage in their organizations. If you are currently an active GPUG member and you live in the Metropolitan Atlanta area, please see our Chapter page for more information.

I will also be participating as a speaker at GPUG Amplify 2017 in Anaheim, CA, GPUG Summit 2017 in Nashville, TN, and reIMAGINE 2017 in Fargo, ND. You may also see me at some international events, but that's still being worked out as I type. The following tune has been chosen as the theme song for this year's GPUG Summit.



Finally, this year I'm making an absolute commitment to attend the Microsoft MVP Global Summit 2017 in Seattle, Washington, assuming I get re-awarded as a Microsoft MVP to begin with, in July.

As you can tell, my blogging agenda, along with my agenda of activities and events is quite pack for this year. I hope to meet a good number of what I have planned for the year and see quite a few of you at the events I will be attending. Please join me in continuing to make Microsoft Dynamics GP the leading middle market ERP with over 47,000 customers world wide, by showing your support to your local GPUG chapter, joining the events whether you are a partner, a customer, or an ISV.
Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP

Comments

GP Nash said…
Hey Mario, I live in Nashville, TN and look forward to you coming here for the GPUG Summit this year. If you have not been here that much, I'll have to show you around a bit.
I have a question for you about the GP Web Client.
Have you seen any users having trouble with generating ACH/EFT files from the Web Client?
I've tried everything that I can personally think to try and not having any luck. Before I submit a support request, I'm trying to find out if it's even possible, and not finding much about it in the community.
Thanks!
- Adam
Mariano Gomez said…
Adam,

Thanks for the kind words and the offer. No, I really haven't been to Nashville, but have heard how great a place it is. Looking forward to be there.

You will want to ensure the machine where ACH/EFT files are being generated also have the Silverlight (if GP 2015) and the Web Client certificates installed. Most companies will generate these files to a shared location on the network. The machine hosting the shared path must have the certificates installed, just like any other workstation.
GP Nash said…
I got it to work. As always, sir, I appreciate your help!

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010