GPUG Amplify Anaheim 2016 - Day 3


Day 3 marks the end of the first GPUG Amplify conference. In cool fashion, this event went out with a bang by inviting none other than Bonnie Robertson to be the keynote speaker. Bonnie goes back to the days of Great Plains, Inc. and is now a renown speaker and strategists for CxOs around the world.

The closing session began with Bob McAdam, GPUG Program Director, thanking all the sponsors and speakers for their different degrees of collaboration and participation to bring this event together.
Next up was Pam Misialek to present the Microsoft Dynamics GP roadmap with some minor adjustments from what was presented in the General Session on Day 1.

Microsoft Dynamics GP Roadmap
To highlight are some of the major upcoming features in GP 2016 R2, due sometimes in late autumn (aka. fall in North America). You can revisit these in more detail in my Day 1 post.


Bonnie addressed a few questions from the audience to close the keynote and handed over to Bob, who updated the audience on the upcoming conferences, namely reIMAGINE 2016 and GPUG Summit 2016.

Amplify 2017 will be held at ... you will have to wait for an official announcement from Dynamics Communities and Microsoft for a date, time, and location for next spring. However, if you did fill out the suggestions survey, you will be majorly responsible for the selected location.

On a personal note, my day ended once more with a great dinner hosted by Mekorma at Ruth's Chris Stake House with the folks from Njevity and InterDyn BMI as guests to our party.

Jay Manley (Mekorma) entertains some folks before dinner

Left (front to back): Mark Jensen, Eric Karie, Ora Goldman, Scott Wiley, Angel Blum, Emily Roen, John Lowther
Right (front to back): Jay Manley, Melissa Sandrovich, Craig Klapman, Altonique Burton, Leslie Vail


Special Supplement: Getting Home

Earlier in the day, I checked out of the hotel to move closer to LAX for my next morning early flight. After much discussion with the team, we came to the conclusion that in order to avoid a sleepless night and possibly some horrendous traffic to the airport the next morning, it was probably a good idea to checkout and check in closer to the airport. So after dinner I returned to Jay's room to pick up my luggage, having made up my mind on the decision to check in closer to the airport.

I then grabbed a taxi cab back to the Marriott LAX. Having had a full week of activities, I was already running on empty, but the traffic back to LAX was impossible, spending about an hour and a quarter to get to my hotel. After a tortuous check-in at the hotel, I was finally in my room and ready to throw in the towel for the evening.

Next morning, I got up around 4:45 AM to be at the airport. I took a quick shower and went downstairs to catch the shuttle to the Delta terminal. Security at the airport was a breeze, so nothing to complain about. After picking up a bottle of water, I took my time to get to the departure gate where I sat and tried to relax for a bit before the flight -- except for the screaming child couple seats ahead of me.

Back in Atlanta, I had a rush hour traffic drive to home. Although our rush hour traffic isn't as bad as that of Los Angeles, it still stands among the worse in the country.

I-75 N in Atlanta
Anyways, I was home after about an hour driving and ready to get on with life.

Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP

Comments

dynamics ax said…
Hello! I really like your blog and I think that your articles are very valuable! have a nice day!! :)
Richard Carroll said…
Good one, All in one Help support by just calling at Microsoft Support Number Australia +61-280075086 to solve your issue.

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010