Microsoft Dynamics GP Technical Conference 2009 - The journey begins!

This morning I got up (with a bump on the side from my wife) at 5:00, a bit too early for my scheduled trip to the Microsoft Dynamics GP Technical Conference 2009, which will take me through the beautiful city of Minneapolis, where I will be transferring planes to get to Fargo. Given that I live in Atlanta, a major hub in the United States, it's just about right that you give yourself enough time to depart.

By 5:30 I was ready and decided to drive my car and park at the airport for the days I will be out... I was at the airport by 6:15 after what seemed like a very uneventful morning in the Atlanta traffic. In fact, there was nothing, no one on the road. Surprising? Very much so considering Atlanta's traffic is ranked 3rd in the US for congestion. the one thing I did not count on was the fact that the check in counter was located a good 600 meters away from the parking lot. May not seem as much, but try that when you have to stroll around a big bag and a carry on (laptop).

Check in was really smooth... for a change I got an actual human being who was willing to assist in making the experience satisfactory. For those of you who have never traveled through Atlanta, security checkpoints can be a nightmare, with never ending lines of people waiting to get through. Aside from the usual shoe removal, all-things-metalic removal, belt removal, jacket removal, laptop out of the carry case, cell phone demo, laptop catton swabbing, laptop demo, ID verification, and gentle smile from the security agent when everything is ok, I was out of the security area very fast.

Atlanta's airport, because of its layout, requires you to then hop a tram that will get you to your departure concourse, but not before going down some really steep electric stairs where you have to hold on for dear life and hope that the person standing behind you does not let go of their carry on.

Now, I am sitting at the gate where there is a line of people hoping to sit in the same seat upfront. They have all so far been turned away, because the flight is a full flight and there will be no re-arrangements of seat. The flight to Minneapolis is a 5-hour flight, hence the reason I think people are just trying to get comfy. This is what my trip looks like, so let's see what else will the day hold.

Atlanta to Fargo via Minneapolis

I will provide an update from Minneapolis.

Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010