- How many distributions can I add to a journal entry?
- How many line items can I add to a Sales document?
- How many line items can I add on a Purchase Order?
So let's take a look.
The Line Sequence Number field in Dynamics GP is generally defined as an integer value. According to Microsoft SQL Server Books Online, an integer requires 4 bytes of storage, which means it can any number between -2^31 and 2^31 or -2,147,483,647 and 2,147,483,647. Now consider this, the first line sequence number in a scrolling window is generally initialized with a value of 16,384 or 2^14, so mathematically speaking, a user will be able to add 131,072 lines or 2^17 before they hit an error and have to resort to inserting distribution lines in between the previous 131,072 ones.
I don't know about you, but 131,072 lines in a scrolling window sound like quite a bit of lines -- but certainly not unlimited -- before you even begin to consider inserting lines in between, but you never know when you will come across that one customer who will push the system to it's limit.
- How to find the line number of an item on a Microsoft Dynamics GP document - Part 2
- How to find the line number of an item on a Microsoft Dynamics GP document - Part 1
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Scrolling Windows and Line Sequence Numbers
Until next post!
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, MVP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC