|Management Reporter 2012 Release Themes|
- Management Reporter 2012 is simply THE BEST darn financial reporting product produced to date by Microsoft. This release revolves around 4 core themes: Interactive Report Viewing, Deeper Dynamics ERP Integration, Report Collaboration, and Design Flexibility. I highlighted a few of the capabilities in my March 8, 2011 Corporate Performance Management Roadmap article.
- Among the things I can say for now, and from a technical perspective, this release removes its dependency on Internet Information Services (IIS), allowing it to run in native mode. If you are familiar with SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services, you can now begin to imagine how this will improve Management Reporter's reports delivering capabilities and efficiency.
Honestly, I wish I could just spill it all out right now... but that would make for a lot of angry folks over at Microsoft, but you don't have to wait on me. The Dynamics Corporate Performance Management team over at Microsoft already began releasing information about specific features in Management Reporter 2012, and the following are links to what they have posted so far:
- Start Learning how Management Reporter 2012 can make a difference in your business
- Rolling Forecast Headers - Management Reporter 2012 Feature Highlight
- Viewing dimension codes and descriptions - Management Reporter 2012 Feature Highlight
- Report group navigation changes - Management Reporter 2012 Feature Highlight
- Comments - Management Reporter 2012 Feature Overview
- Distributing reports to multiple locations - Management Reporter 2012 Feature Highlight
From what I have seen so far, the Comments feature will make a lot of accounting folks happy, but the ability to distribute reports to multiple locations at once will certainly make a lot of IT folks happy. From me to you... there's not one reason, at least in my mind, why you need to continue your love affair with FRx. The new Management Reporter 2012 blows off the FRx 6.7 hat off by a long shot.
Until next post!
Mariano Gomez, MVP