Home Page Error
Error: The data is invalid
Each time the user refreshed the home page, the same error would manifest with a different temporary file.
In fact, the line number, character, and temp file may vary from machine to machine in this case. However, the resolution to this problem is relatively simple:
1. Close all applications on the user desktop
2. Open Microsoft Windows Explorer and go to the folder indicated, c:\Documents and Settings\[user_folder]\Local Settings\Temp.
3. Highlight all files and delete them
4. Launch Dynamics GP and log on into the system.
This should take care of the error!
KB article 913822 - The home page displays the XML code for the home page when you start Microsoft Dynamics GP
KB article 916673 - Error "Metrics are not available because Microsoft Office Chart Components ..."
KB article 917998 - How to disable the home page feature in Microsoft Dynamics GP
KB article 918313 - Frequently asked questions about the home pages and area pages features in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Related articles on this site:
- Restricting Access to Metrics on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Home Page. Click here.
- Changing Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Home Page Background Color. Click here.
Until next post!
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Maximum Global Business, LLC